Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We've had such a wonderful 2 weeks!!! On April 5 we had the joy of dedicating Eden back to God during our Sunday morning service. God continually gives us so much more than we will ever deserve and that certainly includes our children. I am priviledged beyond measure that God has let us be a part of Eden's life and I am so aware of what an awesome responsibility Brett and I have been given. It is my heart's cry that she grow up with a deep and lasting understanding of the incredible love of Christ and it is our responsibility to create an environment for that to happen. Nothing brings me greater peace as a parent than to know that God loves Eden so much more than we do and I am excited beyond words to see what He does with her life...



Of course our families came to encourage us and commit to Eden girl with us, and of course there was some fun...and food...and fun...and food...

On Saturday we went with Brett's parents to a local organic strawberry patch and yes oh yes WE PICKED OUR OWN STRAWBERRIES!!!!! Now for any of you who don't know, this is the kind of thing that makes me want to skip down the street singing John Denver's "Country Road" then can some peaches and maybe quilt a little. I make no apologies. It was almost magical...



...and then there was Easter. Is there a better day? I mean really? We get to celebrate absolutely the greatest event that has ever happened in the history of everything... and we do it with family and friends that we love... and it's a beautiful time of year (rain or no rain)... and we get to put really pretty dresses on really pretty babies... and we get to eat really good food and watch really good golf... and there's candy for days... not to mention baskets and eggs- two of my favorite objects on the planet... I mean really?!

Happy Easter...

1 comment:

  1. Loved the post!! What a blessing to have your families at the dedication... oh, and make no apologies! My sisters and I pick berries every year AND this year we have started a family co-op garden. It makes me feel so...earthy!

    ReplyDelete