Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love Being Pregnant...


I really don't title this entry with tongue in cheek... I actually do love being pregnant. It must be said that I have had a wonderfully easy time of things as I hear tough stories of terrible morning sickness, swollen feet, stretch marks, aching backs, hands, heads....and so on. I just wanted to share a few of my favorite things about being pregnant, and then a few things I have found...well...interesting.

My Favorites:

1. Being with my babygirl literally all of the time....often just her and me (doesn't that sound like terrible grammer- I promise it's correct, I checked). I can't wait to meet her face to face, but I know somehow there is a "specialness" about this time that won't be equalled.

2. My husband loving on me like I didn't know was possible... I still can't believe I get to have him.

3. Not even caring what the scale says or how my hiney looks in a pair of stretch pants (notice the horizontal stripes in the picture)...sweet freedom.

4. Getting a bunch of new clothes in a really short period of time....so much fun.

5. Lets all be honest... the attention is really nice. Family, friends, strangers... I assure you I have never been this interesting before.

6. Feeling my babygirl move. I never get tired of it... it's like she's talking to me.

7. God revealing parts of me that He created, but I'm just now beginning to see. He's so amazing.

Now, for some of the more interesting parts of pregnancy...

1. The body that had been so familiar to me for so long was suddenly abducted by aliens... whose body is this!?

2. Just about the time I get adjusted to how I am feeling....it changes.

3. No matter what position I am laying in, some body part falls asleep. The other night I woke up and tried to throw my hand out of the bed because I thought it was a book, yes- it was that numb. (should I be concerned?)

4. Hair. I love it on my head, eyebrows, and eyelashes- otherwise it's just so in the way (sorry, TMI I know).

5. My stomach is full yet I am still hungry. I didn't know those two feelings could exist at the same time...

6. How many times can one person pee in 24 hours? Seriously, what's the record?

7. Being out of breath from watering flowers.

8. Catching my reflection in a glass storefront and not immediately recognizing the person- weird feeling.

9. Being hot most of the time (I was once the girl with the blanket). Brett nearly teared up with joy when I scolded him for turning the air warmer than 68 degrees.

10. Cleavage- I have never had to deal with it before. (actually, I should probably be honest and move this up to the first list).

5 comments:

  1. Audra, I LOVE your lists! And you are so true. I am glad to find another woman who enjoys pregnancy. Being a part of one of God's most awesome miracles is such a privilege, and I think it should be cherished. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well. Do yall have a name for the baby girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No names yet! We are actually struggling a bit...it's a big decision, you know?! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are having such a great pregnancy! When I was pregnant I loved the fact that Chloe and I were together 24/7. I think about that now when I'm driving in the car without her...I'm lonely! It is crazy how much I miss her when we are apart! Enjoy every one of those kicks! You will miss them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great list! It really is the best of times and the weirdest of times. one of my crazy moments was when my coworker commented that she loved to watch me walk, or waddle, at the end of my pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post....I also loved being pregnant.

    thanks for the chuckle (#10) totally understand that one=)

    ReplyDelete