Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Rock the Triathlon...

My stud of a husband finished his first triathlon yesterday! It was a sprint distance with a 300 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 5K run. I am so, so proud of him! I had a blast watching him and he did fantastic- especially for a first attempt. Isn't it funny how you forget about certain parts of a person you know well- like a spouse for instance! I mean, I'm quite familiar with the brillant lawyer, master hunter, bookworthy husband and father- but I had truly forgotten that I am married to an elite athlete! I had never experienced watching him in competition before and woo-hoo I could really get used to it... There is just something about cheering for someone you love! I am so excited about the next one and if I wasn't certain that I would die a slow drowning death I might just think of joining him at some point. Land, people, I stick to the land... Way to go Brett- we are crazy proud of you!



4 comments:

  1. Way to go Brett! I forgot to comment about your last post so here goes. I love the pic of Brett playing the guitar to Eden. Didn't know he played. Chris loves to play the guitar also. Cooper & Kennedy love to strum it with him! Eden is adorable. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audra -
    Just wanted to let you know that Jill Attebury (Jarvis) was killed this morning in a car accident. I just found out tonight and couldn't find your phone number. Her pretty new baby boy was in the car too and he is still in critical condition in the hospital. I'm still in shock, but thought you would want to know. My phone number is 281 386 6473. This just reminded me that I don't keep in touch like I should with people that have been important in my life...you are one of those people. Hug your daughter tightly tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra-
    Here is a blog that will give you information about the accident and about Jill and her family. theblessedbairdbunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete