Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

Growing Up Already...



Gotta love that boppy...


Thank you Moore Family for my swing...I love it
and so does my Mom because I take my best naps in it!

Look what I learned to do Mom!

Well Eden is 3 weeks old and it feels like she's been with us forever! What a pleasure... She is loving her baths, and she will sleep for 2 hours at a time on her own... still working on it. Pooping is still a problem. For the past 10 days she only goes every 4 days when I give her a glycerin enema (one of the many pleasures of motherhood- but I really don't mind). She doesn't seem the least bit uncomfortable- thankfully- and when she does go it is nice and soft- no constipation. We are going to see the gastrointerologist a week from today. The pediatrician wants us to make sure that it isn't Hirschprung's Disease which is where a portion of the colon lacks nerve cells that stimulate it to contract. It's a little tough to hear the word disease in reference to your 3 week old... There is a greater chance that Eden is just what they call a 'normal variant' (no disease)- I prefer the term 'extra special'. I must declare from the rooftops, however, that today while shopping at Target with our very special friends Katie & Johnna- Eden pooped on her own! I have to admit that I cried a little bit! Of course, the moral of the story is that shopping really can cure anything... In all seriousness, thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Audra:

    It's Brett's old friend, Laura. I just wanted to say that the wedding pictures and the baby pictures are beautiful. I am so glad that you and Brett found each other...what a perfect match!

    You know, you will never be closer to God than right after you have a baby. Because the first time you put your lips to hers, you know that God's have just been there, breathing into her His breath of life. What a gift.

    And I love her name. My mom, Jean Chennault, was at your shower and told me the story of how Brett "announced" her name. He is so good, and I know that he is a terrific father.

    Congrats on your precious family. I pray for blessings upon blessings....and poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby! So darling. She looks so big already! I added your blog link to my blog- hope you don't mind. Can't wait to see the baby!

    ReplyDelete